The key to being productive is to know how to manage time at work effectively. Many years can pass until we find our most productive work system, so it is convenient that we know how to master the art of time management as soon as possible.
It is about creating habits with which to manage time much more effectively, depending on our personality, needs and the way things are done.
|In this post we will see what are the great thieves of our precious time, as well as the consequences and solutions or techniques to organize time, tackling (as soon as possible) a problem of which we are all servants. And that is that time is our main and most coveted value of life. Therefore, dedicating quality moments to others and ourselves is worth its price in gold-time. Hence, we use increasingly powerful applications, created to be more productive at work and do more in less time, enjoying quality moments with our own.
So how do we manage time? What threats should we identify as soon as possible? Many psychologists say it takes between 6 and 9 minutes to return to maximum performance after a break. So, let’s clearly identify our particular time thieves. We propose the most common threats that prevent effective time management at work.
THIEVES OF TIME
- Multitasking. The great thief of all. When faced with it, we must use our best weapon: effective and logical planning. Working under the domain of multitasking can lead us to lose ourselves in time management. It’s not easy, but if we manage to follow a habit tailored to our needs, we’ll be earning a lot.
- Lack of objectives. Not following goals or going down a path without a clear sense can lead to rambling and losing control over time management.
- Urgent tasks. Firewalls are big time thieves. The tasks that must be completed immediately, however small they may be, slow us down with the planning that we had designed, precisely to confront the multitasking.
- Phone and instant messaging. We stop in the dry. Plan a time to take calls and answer messages, but try not to mix. It is as if we suddenly stopped with one task and started another from the beginning.
- Ineffective work meetings. Are large holes of time lost. It is therefore appropriate to prepare well its duration, participants, points to be discussed and, above all, whether or not it is really necessary to meet. [10 tricks to hold much more effective meetings. ]
- Perfectionism. Try to make everything perfect takes a long time. Let us value when something should have the quality we expect as professionals without affecting the execution of other things. In the end, the tasks we owe in the end are often the most damaging if we are to meet the deadline.
- Procrastinate. Let us try to meet the planning. In the end, it’s going to be our most valuable tool. Identify why you had to move tasks to a later date and try to fix it. Fortunately, today we have apps to plan like Sinnaps, which allow us to make modifications by seeing the impact of these on the entire project. In addition, discover your test
TECHNIQUES FOR MANAGING YOUR TIME
Plan. Is basic. Plan your work with applications using logical technology. Sinnaps calculates efficient planning automatically. It relies on professional techniques to take advantage of every minute and available resource. Very used in companies with various activities management. The professional can get your work path optimized and is easy to use.
Objective. Within the proper planning there must be programmed objectives in the timetable. Validate them every time you complete them. This will fill you with pride and satisfaction
Analyze what you do. You can better master the art of time management at work, if you use applications that measure the tracking of your schedules. Look at the time and resources you actually spend on your activities. Get Project reports that fast.
|Delegate. It is as important to carry out tasks as to delegate them. Manage your team in collaborative projects.
Separate the important from the urgent. If necessary make a list of important tasks and another list of urgent tasks. About her, plan. Fortunately, there are applications that already think about it, and they tell you directly what activities are important in your project. Sinnaps, for example, automatically calculates the critical path of your workflow, meaning that it prioritizes for you, the most important activities that will mark the end of your project.
And above all, sleep, rest, eat, love and have fun.