To start with, a very well-known truth – we all are different. Something that works for one person can be useless for another. This fact makes the whole process of changing life more difficult and discouraging, because using someone’s experience may not result in our own success. We just need to determine on our own what exactly works for us and what we should devote our time for.
It is hard to start changing your bad habits or forming new ones which are supposed to make you life better. But one thing is necessary – thorough analysis of your life, troubles and qualities. You must know what you start with and what needs some repair. If you already know where the problem is, the next step is forming certain habits which have the power to improve the quality of your life.
Here are some suggestions for useful habits which can improve your life:
- Positive thinking. You have probably heard of it many times, but still you have not implemented this in your life for real. And that is a shame. It is not the key to success in itself, but it prepares the ground without which your success will remain far away from you. Start with realizing your negative thinking – you may be surprised how much negative thoughts pull you down every day. When you finally are aware of the bad thoughts you will have to systematically work on getting rid of them. Positive thinking helps you become more motivated, powerful and strong-willed.
- Next cliché you have heard thousands of times – physical activity helps your body and mind remain in good shape. Sport really improves you – helps relieve stress, builds your strong-will, self-confidence and improves your mood. It is significant to prepare this good ground for changes. A sound mind in a sound body.
- Single –tasking. Stop making hundreds of things at the same time and you will see how more efficient you are becoming. Multi-tasking makes you: more stressed, overwhelmed and less effective and focused.
- Choosing one goal. Have a list of goals and arrange them in the order of importance. Focus on achieving one of them at a time. When you succeed with the first one go to the second and so on.
- Choosing the important things. Find things which are precious and necessary for you and concentrate on them. Get rid of useless disruptions and things which do not give you anything good. You are the builder of your life and you decide about the way it looks like.
- Being kind. Treat other people with kindness and they will return a favor. If you find it hard, try step by step – start with being kind to one person every day.
- Daily routine. Your day should be organized, because this will help you gain more harmony and reduce stress. It is also a good way to become more productive.
How to form the habits?
Choose one habit to form and focus on it for the next 30 days. To make it more visible, write your plan and strategy on paper. Realise what your motivation is, think of possible obstacles and ways of overcoming them. Announce it publicly and inform about progress. Find support for weaker moments and remember about rewarding yourself for small successes. If it ends up with failure, think it over, find out what the reason of the failure was, draw conclusions and… try again.